If we think something can be better, we make it better
We strive to make every product as effective and safe as possible. That’s why we carefully source the best ingredients and always collaborate with dentists.
- Our Background
- Product development always starts with dentists
- Our company began with dental professionals believing there was a better way to whiten teeth
- We’ve been making innovations in tooth whitening for 20 years
- More than 2,000,000 users of Luster products across the U.S.A.
- Carried in over 30,000 retail stores
- Available in the U.S.A., Canada, and Australia
- A Leader in Teeth Whitening Firsts
- First brand to introduce whitening products that do not cause tooth sensitivity
- First brand to offer products that whiten in as little as 30 minutes
- First brand to offer an instant whitening product
- First brand to bring teeth-whitening-light technology from dental offices to consumers
- Only oral care brand to win the Allure Beauty Breakthrough Award in 2011
- Full Line of Progressive Whitening Products
- We believe that teeth whitening can be easily incorporated into all parts of your oral care regimen—leading to a long-lasting, whiter, and brighter smile. Our full line of Luster products was developed with this in mind.
- The patented Luster™ Pro Light teeth whitening system offers intense whitening treatments so that you can control how much or how little whitening you want. By using a dual energy whitening light, incorporating the same technology found in dental offices, Luster Pro Light delivers similar whitening results to the $500 dental office whitening products—without causing tooth sensitivity.
- Our Power White Deep Stain Eraser toothpaste can be added to your daily oral care routine and remove up to 95% of surface stains in just 5 days with 2% stabilized hydrogen peroxide. It even fights the microbes that cause gum disease, gingivitis, and bad breath.
- When you are looking for that super quick whitening boost, our Luster NOW! Mini Toothpaste and Mouth Rinse can give you an instantly whiter smile. Thanks to Bluverite® a proprietary formula that creates the optical effect of whiter teeth after just one use, NOW! Toothpaste and Mouthrinse gives you a whiter smile in seconds.
Our patented xenon light technology delivers a whole new level of whitening to your teeth.
Luster™ Pro Light is one of the fastest, most effective ways to whiten your teeth. Enjoy visible whitening in as little as 30 minutes—that’s 2X faster than strips and trays—without any tooth sensitivity. Its patented dual energy whitening light accelerates whitening so that you have whiter teeth just in time for a special event. And its flexible treatment schedule lets you whiten when you want, either all at once or spaced out across several days. Testing by a major dental university shows Luster Pro Light is completely safe on enamel, so you can be assured that whitening your teeth is both safe and effective.
Luster Pro Light offers the same advantages of in-office dentist whitening treatments…but without the painful tooth sensitivity, inconvenient dentist office visits or expensive fees. Its patented dual energy whitening light technology provides similar results to professional dentist whitening treatments while using much more gentle application methods.
The Luster Pro Light kit includes an accelerator mouthwash, whitener gel and activating light. Learn more about each piece and how Luster Pro Light compares to other whitening methods.
Make your teeth appear whiter than they actually are, instantly.
Sometimes you just want what’s quick and easy. That’s exactly what our instant whitening products are created for.
Luster NOW! Toothpaste and Mouthrinse feature Bluverite®, a proprietary formula that creates a blue foam, resulting in the optical effect of whiter teeth. The results are instant and they last for hours. So whether you are running out of the house in a hurry or just want to get on with your day, our instant whitening products with Bluverite® will give you that fast whitening effect.
Bluverite® acts by temporarily depositing subtle blue particles onto the tooth surface, changing the optical properties and reducing the yellowness of the tooth surface. It’s formulated to help whiten stains with daily use.
Tooth whitening is comprised of changes in L* (lightness); a* (red-green) and b* (yellow-blue). Research shows that biggest factor in the perception of tooth whiteness is directly correlated to the change in tooth yellowness (b*).
Not all whitening toothpastes actually whiten teeth—we made sure ours do.
The Luster Power White Deep Stain Eraser Toothpaste delivers visible whitening in as little as one week. Its gentle cleansing formula means you get a beautifully whiter smile while keeping your whole mouth clean and fresh.
Better Than Other Whitening Toothpastes
- Active Dental Peroxide
Only one ingredient is known to effectively and safely whiten teeth: peroxide. Power White contains active dental peroxide to guarantee that you get long-lasting whiter teeth. Just as important, Luster has optimized the amount of active peroxide in its product—any less and the products would not whiten as well, any more and our users could experience tooth pain and/or sensitivity.
- Only Use Mild Cleansing Agents
All toothpastes use cleansing agents to loosen and remove particles and stains from teeth. Sylodent, the cleansing agent used in Power White is especially mild, meaning that it gently scrubs away build-up while keeping your enamel safe. Using a more abrasive agent, which many other brands use, is like using sand paper on your teeth; it will remove build-up but it could also damage your tooth surface.
- Plant-Based Glycerin
Glycerin is commonly found in toothpastes to help bind all of the ingredients together. However, unlike other toothpastes that often use synthetic and/or petroleum-based glycerin, Power White uses only natural, plant-derived glycerin. Because we are committed to whole mouth health, we always seek natural, plant-based ingredients.
- Environmentally Friendly Toothpaste Packaging
Most commercially available toothpaste tubes are a laminate of a variety of materials which makes it very difficult for the tubes to biodegrade. In contrast, Power White7 use polypropylene-based tubes, meaning you get a toothpaste tube which not only preserves the strength of the product but can also be recycled.