Luster Premium White: Frequently Asked Questions
If you don't see your question below, please don't hesitate to contact our customer service line and speak with one of our representatives.
- Are Luster Premium White products enamel safe? All of our products are formulated by dental professionals to be enamel safe. They do not harm enamel.
- Will Luster Premium White products work on dental restoration/braces? While all of our products are safe to use on and around dental work, they will only whiten natural teeth. For whitening with braces, we recommend speaking with your dental professional.
- Will Luster Premium White products cause tooth sensitivity? All our products were formulated by dental professionals for zero tooth sensitivity. We do not use harsh abrasives, not do we use ingredients that dehydrated the tooth, which are two of the leading causes of tooth sensitivity.
- Are Luster Premium White products tested on animals? Are they cruelty-free? We are committed to providing safe and effective teeth whitening products to our consumers. All of our products undergo regular testing to ensure that they meet FDA guidelines regarding health and safety.
- Are Luster Premium White products gluten-free? Yes, our products are gluten-free.
- Do Luster Premium White products contain soy? No, our products do not contain soy.
- At what age can you use Luster Premium White products? We recommend our products for people over the age of 12. If you wish to use our products on children under 12, we recommend speaking with your dental professional.
- Where can I buy Luster Premium White products? Our products can be purchased across many retailers. Visit www.LusterPremiumWhite.com to see a list of stores that carry a specific product under the product details. You can also buy on our website and on Luster Premium White's storefront at www.Amazon.com.
- What testing is performed on Luster Premium White products? Luster Premium White is a brand invented by dental professionals to eliminate the common shortcomings of other whitening products (i.e. Tooth Sensitivity). We use nationally recognized testing labs and dental schools to test our products, such as, Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne and Ohio State University. As the foremost independent institutions for dental research and testing in the United States, they put our products through rigorous safety benchmarks. In addition, Luster Pro Light is the FIRST over the counter whitening product to be cleared by the FDA for a 510k medical devise.
- My light does not turn on or beep. What should I do? First check to see if your batteries are installed correctly. There is a diagram on the inside of your light. If they are installed correctly, replace the batteries as they may be the issue. If the light still does not work, please contact customer service and they will troubleshoot your issue.
- I cannot find the battery installation directions for my activating whitening light. Battery Installation Instructions: Remove the cap at the bottom of the Light by sliding the tab to "open." Hold the Light upside down with the blue light facing you. Follow the diagram inside the light to install the 4 Alkaline AAA batteries (included). Insert batteries from left to right shown in Fig. A. Replace the lid and slide the tab to "close". The light should beep to let you know the batteries are correctly inserted. Press the button to test to the light, and press again to turn it off.
- My light does not turn on (but it beeps). This means the light bulbs have gone out. Replacements are available for purchase online.
- There was no instructional booklet in my Luster Premium Pro Light kit. Where can I find a copy? Instructions for Luster Pro Light are available in PDF form online at www.LusterProLight.com under the product details.
- Do I have to do all the applications at one time? No. Luster Pro Light is designed to be convenient. You can do a few applications at a time to fit into your busy schedule. But, the more applications you do in a row, the more quickly you will see the results. we recommend performing 10-20 treatments depending on how much you have to whiten. You can do these treatments all at once or spread them out over a 7 day period.
- I experienced oral irritation with Luster Pro Light. What would you recommend? If the stain lifting serum comes in contact with gums or lips, wipe away immediately and rinse the area with water. The serum does contain peroxide and if too much touches the lips or gums irritation could occur. To prevent irritation, apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly to the gums and lips before beginning treatment. Stop using the product if irritation does occur. Irritation should subside in 3-7 days.
- My gums turned white after using Luster Pro Light. Why? A subtle whitening of the gums near teeth happens to some users. Stop using Luster Pro Light and begin treatments again when gum whiteness subsides in 24-48 hours. All this means is that you are more sensitive to the peroxide agent. When resuming treatment, we recommend following the Full Week treatment schedule which spreads the treatments over several days.
- Where can I find refills for the AcceleRinse and Stain Lifting Serum for Pro Light? Refill kits are available for purchase online at www.LusterPremiumWhite.com/shop or on Amazon.com. Our Distinctly White can also act as a refill kit to Pro Light.
- Luster Pro Light did not whiten my teeth after using as directed. Just as every person is unique, so are our smiles. Some staining caused by aging or prescription medications may not whiten with our products. We recommend consulting with your dental professional. We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee!
- What if I am not satisfied with Luster Pro Light? If you are not satisfied with your Luster Pro Light whitening system after using the product as directed, we will refund the price of your purchase. Please note the purchase price does not include sales tax, discounts, or shipping costs. Send your original and dated cash receipt with the purchase price circled, the original UPC bar code from the carton, any remaining product including the light and a note telling us why you were not satisfied. Make sure your full name and address are provided in your refund request and that they are easily legible. Refunds will take 6-8 weeks for processing. Refund materials will become property of French Transit, Ltd upon receipt. Refunds must be post marked within 30 days if original purchase date and be purchased through an authorized reseller or retailer. In order to be eligible for this refund, you must have purchased the product through an authorized retailer, LusterPremiumWhite.com or our storefront on Amazon. Products purchased on eBay or unauthorized Amazon retailers will not be accepted. (Limit 1 refund per household). Send your refund request to: Luster Customer Service, 398 Beach Rd, Burlingame, CA 94010.
- How long do the results last? Results will vary depending on your staining habits but, with good maintenance, they will last from a few months to up to a year. We recommend 3-5 touch up treatments with Luster Pro Light every 2-3 months with a full treatment once a year. We also recommend daily maintenance using Luster Power White Deep Stain Eraser Fluoride Toothpaste.
- Explain the activating whitening light warranty. Each activating whitening light comes with a one (1) year mechanical warranty. If your light no longer functions due to mechanical failure, just mail it in and we'll send you a new one. No questions asked. Send your light to: Luster Customer Service, 398 Beach Rd, Burlingame, CA 94010.
- What kind of light is the activating whitening light? Is it the same light as dentists use? What kind of bulbs does the activating whitening light use? The activating whitening light uses xenon bulbs and a blue colored filter. The light activates the gel to work faster and therefore gives you the best, safest results as soon as possible. Some dentists use UV lights which require special eye and gum protection. This is not a UV light.
- How long do the bulbs last in the activating whitening light? The bulbs last for 5 usage hours.To preserve the life of your bulbs, remove the batteries from the light before long periods of storage. We recommend replacing the batteries after 20, 2-minute treatments.
- How long must I wait to eat or drink? Refrain from eating and drinking for 10 minutes after you've completed your last application.
Luster 2 Minute White
- Is 2 Minute White safe to use several times a day?Yes, 2 Minute white is designed to be used safely for up to 4 times a day for results in as little as three days or you could do 2 treatments a day for 6 days.
- I experienced oral irritation with Luster 2 Minute White. If the whitening gel comes in contact with gums or lips, wipe away immediately and rinse the area with water. The gel does contain peroxide and if too much touches the lips or gums irritation could occur. To prevent irritation, apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly to the gums and lips before beginning treatment. Stop using the product if irritation does occur. Irritation should subside in 3-7 days.
- My gums turned white after using Luster 2 Minute White. A subtle whitening of the gums near the teeth happens to some users of peroxide- based whitening products. Stop using 2 Minute White and begin treatments again when gum whiteness subsides in 24-48 hours. When resuming treatment, we recommend following the Full Week Treatments schedule which spreads the treatments over several days.
- My 2 Minute White kit is missing the instructional pamphlet. Instructions for 2 Minute White can be found in PDF form online at www.LusterPremiumWhite.com under the product details.
- Can 2 Minute White be used as a refill for Luster Pro Light?2 Minute White rinse and gel are compatible with the activating whitening light from Luster Pro Light. Simply use the directions for Luster Pro Light. Please note the accelerator mouth rinse in 2 Minute White is 4oz compared to the 8oz bottle in Luster Pro Light. Refill kits for Luster Pro Light can be purchased online at www.LusterPremiumWhite.com/shop or Amazon.com.
- What do I do after I have applied the correct whitening serum and 10 minutes have elapsed? There is no need to rinse off the gel after 10 minutes. You can simply apply it and go. if you do wish to rinse it off though, rinse with water. If you wish to complete more treatments, repeat steps 1-3 in the instructional booklet.
- How long must I wait to eat or drink? Refrain from eating and drinking for 10 minutes after you've completed your last application.
- Is Power White Deep Stain Eraser Daily Whitening Toothpaste suitable for daily use? How does it work? Absolutely! Power White toothpaste is formulated with fluoride to fight cavities and to build enamel. It contains active dental peroxide to safely whiten above and below the tooth's surface, and the minty flavor cleans and freshens breath. Brush with Power White twice daily to remove up to 95% of surface stains n as little as 5 days.
- Can I use Luster NOW! Instant Whitening Toothpaste on a daily basis? Luster NOW! can be used on a daily basis as it contains fluoride. It works immediately to give your smile a pop, and can wipe away surface stains with daily use. Brush using your toothpaste as normal.
- How does Luster NOW! Instant Whitening Toothpaste work? What is Bluverite? Bluverite is a proprietary formula that gives the optical illusion of whiter teeth by creating a subtle foam of microscopic blue colored particles that cling to your tooth's surface. The blue color in the particles cancels out any yellow tints in your teeth to create the appearance of whiter teeth.
- How long do the effects of Luster NOW! Instant Whitening toothpaste last? After using Luster NOW!, avoid eating or drinking for 30 minutes. Whitening effect will last for up to 5 hours.
- How does Luster NOW! Instant Whitening mouth rinse work? What is Bluverite? Luster NOW! Mouth rinse uses a blend of active dental peroxide to lift surface stains and keep your breath fresh with daily use and Bluverite. Bluverite is a proprietary formula that gives the illusion of whiter teeth by depositing blue micro-particles onto your teeth to offset the yellow to create the optical effect of whiter teeth.
- Can I use the Smile Illuminator on a daily basis? Yes, you can use the Smile Illuminator on a daily basis. Use the Polish Toothpaste and Boost Rinse back-to-back for instant whitening results. Polish Toothpaste also contains Fluoride for everyday mouth health, so you can replace you other toothpastes. Use the Revamp Serum separate from Polis and Boost.
- Can I use the Revamp Whitening Serum after Polish and Boost? No, the Bluverite in Polish and Boost will block the active whitening agent in the Serum from penetrating the tooth. Use Revamp Whitening Serum alone.
- How does the instant whitening work? Polish Toothpaste and Boost Rinse use Bluverite technology. Bluverite is a proprietary formula that gives the illusion of whiter teeth by depositing blue micro0particles onto your teeth to offset the yellow to create the optical effect of whiter teeth.
- What if I just want to buy the Polish Toothpaste or Boost Rinse without buying the whole kit. We do not sell the Polish Instant Whitening Toothpaste by itself, whoever the Luster NOW! Instant Whitening Toothpaste will give you the same effect. As for the Boost Rinse, we also do not sell this separately, however the Luster NOW! Instant Whitening Mouth Rinse will give you the same effect. The Revamp Whitening Serum is not sold separately.